Thursday, October 7, 2010

Video Project Storyboard

(The end of the storyboard is cut off a bit, but it is just the credits page. Also there was an image on the back of the page I was drawing on so thats why there is a big rectangle going through my storyboard.)
The idea for my video is to help my dance students explore the cultural and historical context of dance from another country. This video is an example for my students so they can create their own videos about cultural dances. They will be required to research a traditional folk dance from another country (for my teacher example I chose Bhangra from India) and create a video to share with the class with a performance of the folk dance and images from the chosen country (including traditional dress, festivals, and historic locations in the country). This project will help the students be exposed to a lot of cultural dances in a short amount of time and have fun doing it!

1 comment:

  1. Rachelle! I love how you are incorporating cross-overs from other subjects into your movie. It will be so helpful for your students to be able to learn about culture in dance, because dance is based off of culture and here in the U.S. we forget that :)

    ReplyDelete