Thursday, November 18, 2010

Project #3

For Project #3 I am going to work by myself so I will not be submitting something for the contest. One thing that dance students struggle with is remembering sequences and being able to perform them after you taught them. Usually they can remember right after you teach them but if you wait a day or two they will usually forget (especially if they are still developing and all of their brain functions/ memory skills are not fully developed). I'm not sure how technology could help with this though. Another thing that I struggle with as a dancer is knowing what muscles should be initiated the movements (for example when you are executing a grand battement--aka a big kick--you should be engaging your hamstrings instead of your quads, yet many times dancers engage their quads instead and their muscles get very tired and overused). Maybe I could find an application that helps students understand and see the muscles they should be using.

No comments:

Post a Comment