Friday, September 10, 2010

Helpful RSS Feeds

The following is the RSS feed for Americans for the Arts: http://rss.artsusa.org/afta/news/ This website shares news about national policies, ways to get involved with the arts, how to be an advocate of the arts and upcoming events.

I also added a RSS feed for a website called National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE): http://www.ncte.org/rss because I am getting an English teaching minor. This website is helpful because it shares ideas and advice for elementary, middle school, high school, and university teachers.

The last website I subscribed to was the U.S. Department of Education: http://www2.ed.gov/rss/edgov.xml I believe it is important as an educator to know where our country and administration stands on educational policies. This website shares the latest information on education policies and initiatives.

2 comments:

  1. Rachelle! I really like how you found three very distinctly different RSS feeds and thought outside the box. You searched for things important to educators as a whole as well as things related to your specific subjects. It must be your creative mind that pushes you outside the box. It is interesting to me how you can find an RSS feed for ANYTHING, and you helped to show that through your diverse feeds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think the Department of Education is a great website to keep up with the educational policies. I am going to add this feed to my google reader. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete